486SLC2 CPU Upgrade
192-145 IBM 486SLC2 Processor Upgrade 85xx
192-227 PS/2 486SLC2 Processor Upgrade For PS/2 57 SX (?)
194-377 Options by IBM: Processor Upgrade Products
392-223 IBM PS/2 Models 56 SLC and 57 SLC 486 SLC Upgrade Modification
slc_util.exe 8555-SLC2 processor upgrade utility disk (720K image!)
IBM 486SLC2 Processor Upgrade
FRU 10G7103 P/N 32G3672 (EMEA) P/N 2609582-2620 (USA)
U1 Socket for PLCC 387SX
U3 Reverse of mounting pins
U8 486SLC2 CPU
This can be installed on a 8556 SX/SLC and 8557 SX/SLC.
- Remove any installed Math-Co (and also any math-Co empty socket)
- Install plastic guide and plastic insert on planar.
- Insert any removed Math Copro into 486SLC2 Processor Upgrade board in U1.
- Install Upgrade board until pins are fully-seated, and edge-snaps click into place.
Features and Performance Enhancements
- IBM 486SLC2 microprocessor (40MHz internal/20MHz external)
- 486SX-compatible Instruction Set
- Internal memory cache controller and integrated 16KB cache memory
- Improves CPU throughput up to 271% for 386SX-20, 99% for 386SLC-20 systems. Throughput is up to 53% better than for 486SX-20 based systems and up to 20% greater than 486SX-25 based systems.
- 16-byte wide cache line size
- Enhances performance, particularly computer-intensive applications
- Allows upgrade of Model 56 SX / SLC and Model 57 SX / SLC and M57 SLC systems
- Installs into a Math Co-Processor socket connector
- Provides a socket for 80387SX 20MHz, or equivalent Math Co-Pro
- 16MB real memory addressability
- 64TB (TB = terabytes) virtual memory addressability
The diskette utility provided with the 486SLC Processor Upgrade
contains a benchmark test called PUZZLE.EXE. When this test is performed on a
system with the processor upgrade, the results are consistent with the test
results of the original system board with the Intel 386SX processor installed
9595 Main Page